Dermaplaning is an exfoliating treatment that involves a licensed aesthetician gently scraping the surface of your skin with a surgical scalpel to remove dead skin, vellus hair (light, fine hair), commonly referred as peach fuzz.
This “manual exfoliation” removes the outermost layers of dead skin cells and unwanted vellus hair, leaving immediately smooth, supple and vibrant skin. It is safely performed using a specialized blade scraped along the skin at a 45-degree angle.
- It is a great option for clients with sensitive skin and pregnant women who are looking for a deep exfoliation.
- It can be performed prior to treatments like facials, laser, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels for better product penetration.
- It can be performed frequently.
- It helps makeup go on smoother and more evenly.
- It can help significantly lighten post inflammatory scars from past acne.
- It does not make the hair grow back thicker and darker.
Does it Hurt?
Not at all! The patient feels a mild scraping. If someone is very sensitive, the aesthetician will adjust and use a lighter touch. We always ask for feedback and encourage communication.
How Often Should I Get One?
Once a month is recommended for the best results.
Is There Any Downtime?
No, it’s a great maintenance procedure for busy lifestyles.